Friday, January 14, 2011

Electric 3-Wheel Motorcycle with Wheelchair Dock

A new electric three wheel motorcycle that allows easy access and driving from a wheelchair comes on to the market in March, 2011 . The bike is called the YDS 3-wheel EV with Wheelchair Mount.

YDS, a Japan-based automobile design firm, developed the wheelchair accessible electric drive vehicle.

The vehicle, known as the “Wheel Chair Vehicle (WCV), is wheelchair accessible from the rear and driven by operating a handle directly connected to the front wheel for steering and an accelerator located to the right of the handle with two brake levers located right and left to the handle. It sounds like you may need a good set of paws to handle the action.

The WCV measures 1,860 (L) x 1,000 (W) x 990mm (H) and weighs 68kg (including a battery). A DC brushless motor with a rated output of 0.58kW is embedded in the front wheel. The battery is an iron phosphate lithium-ion battery whose voltage, capacity and charging time are 48V, 10Ah and about four hours, respectively. The vehicle can be equipped with up to two batteries, and, in that case, it can travel about 50km (at a speed of 30km/h on a flat paved road).

A lever is used to lower and raise the rear end of the vehicle to allow wheelchair access and egress. Froward and reverse are controlled by a button on the right side of the handlebars while headlights and indicators are on the left side.

YDS plans to release the WCV in the spring of 2011 at a price of ¥500,000-600,000 (approx US$ 5,987-7,185).


18 comments:

  1. Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a scooter. I have to say it's pretty impressive and will be looking forward to seeing more out on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unique motorbike and unique blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inventive!! Great for a disabled / wheelchair ridden individual who is a motorcycle fanatic and unable to ride otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greatly loved the post about the 3 wheelers! Awaiting for more wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know about the electric 3 wheelers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really did a great job by posting about the nice information on Electric 3-Wheel Motorcycle with Wheelchair Dock.Thanks

    http://heliobikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am disable person and want to get disable bike but how ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great.
    I know something information, to know you can click here
    electric wheelchair(s)
    motorized wheelchair
    wheelchairs for sale
    power wheelchair

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back

    here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as

    much info as I can at the moment.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Karma KP 10-2 Power Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    TRAVEL WHEELCHAIR


    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Power Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad to visit your blog. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks for posting. . .on 3 wheeler's

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greatly loved the post about the 3 wheelers! Awaiting for more wonderful posts! VW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Powered Wheelchairs

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great.
    It's an admirable concept for people with disability.I think this product www.portashopper.com would be a big help for you to enjoy life, live normal and make things easier.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Power Chair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete